Networking Events & Activities
Though Cannexus will be virtual, the conference will be offering many opportunities to engage and build community with fellow attendees, speakers and exhibitors alike.
Hallway Meetings are generously brought to you by Douglas College.
These video-based peer-to-peer matchmaking sessions take place during all breaks at Cannexus. To register for these matchmaking sessions, please follow these steps:
- Login to the virtual conference platform between January 4 – January 9, 2021. All registered delegates who have paid their registration fees will receive an email the week of January 4, 2021 with login details. If you do not see this email in your inbox, please check your spam. If the email is not in your spam folder, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Build and save your profile.
- Go to the “People” tab and click “Attendees.” You will be able to view the full attendee list.
- Scroll through the attendee list and look for people who you would like to meet. You may also search for attendees and filter by language, city, sector, organization, professional interests, hobbies, etc.
- When you find an attendee that you would like to meet, click on their profile and choose the green “Want to Meet” button at the top of their profile. They are now added to your “Want to Meet” list.
- You may choose as many people as you wish; however, you must choose at least one person in order to be signed up for this peer-to-peer matchmaking during all Cannexus breaks. By selecting at least one person for your “Want to Meet” list, you have registered to be matched with different attendees during all Cannexus breaks.
- All your Hallway Meetings will be setup in the platform by January 25, 2021. When you enter the platform on January 25, you will be able to see all your matchmaking sessions during the breaks under “My Agenda”.
To participate, you will be required to build your “Want to Meet” list in the platform by January 9, 2021. After this date, we will not be able to accommodate the peer-to-peer matchmaking functionality within your profile. If you are unable to participate in Hallway Meetings, you will still be able to connect directly (by video or chat) with other attendees within the platform.
Please note, you may not necessarily be matched with everyone you select for a variety of reasons, including: people you want to meet with may not be participating in Hallway Meetings or you have selected more people than slots available in your schedule. If you select someone you “Want to Meet” and they select you as well, it is more likely that you will be matched together during a Hallway Meeting break. If you select someone and they do not sign up for Hallway Meetings, you may still contact them directly through the platform to schedule a meeting